Everyone will experience difficulty during abrupt changes faced when moving from one stage in life to another. West Virginians living with any kind of disability may find these changes amplified by a physical / cognitive impairment combined with a lack of support. Whether transitioning to higher learning, from school to the workplace, or from assisted-living facilities back into the home – LiveAbility can help ease the impact those changes have on your day-to-day life.
Dr. Taylor Mikalik, Ph.D
(304) 296-6091, Ext. 102
- Facilitate the transition of individuals with significant disabilities from nursing homes and other institutions to home and community-based residences, with the requisite supports and services.
- Provide assistance to individuals with significant disabilities who are at risk of entering institutions so that the individuals remain in the community.
- Facilitate the transition of youth who are individuals with significant disabilities who are eligible for individualized education programs under Section 614(d) of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (20 U.S.C. 14149d)), and who have completed their secondary education or otherwise left school, to post secondary life.
Youth Transition Services:
- Media Campaigns
- Letter Writing Campaigns
- Education For Legislators
- Presence At Community Events
Adult Transition Services
- Residential Options
- Assist with the housing search
- Adaptive equipment
- Advocate for needed resources
- Provide or arrange for peer support
Nursing Home Transition:
- Return To Your Home
- Learn Self-Sufficiency
- Assistive Technology
- Home / Vehicle Modifications
- Help Securing Medical Equipment
And So Much More
The team at LiveAbility work to provide custom solutions to all Northern WV residents living with any kind of disability. Please contact a member of our team to find out which of our Core Services and Programs may be available to help YOU gain independence and control over your life!